Monday, July 14, 2008

The Class of 2002



This is the MPhil. class of 2002 in Applied English Linguistics. Because they are among my favorite students, this photo hangs in my office.

There's Stacey, Derek, Meedy, Carol, Mong, and Betty. I taught them Research Methods and also supervised their theses or served as a member of some theses committees. Tracy, seen in the white jacket, was an MA student. She, along with Derek, Stacey, and Paulina (who is not in the photo) also worked for me in the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) program later.

Some have kept in touch. Derek and Paulina are pursuing PhD's in the USA. Meedy, who is from Indonesia, has returned to Hong Kong and will soon join the Chinese University as an English Instructor. Stacey drops by on my birthdays with a flower arrangement designed by herself for my office.

My colleagues in the photo are Lixian Jin, now back in the UK, Joanna Radwanska-Williams, who teaches at the Macau Polytechnic, and Joseph Hung, who recently retired from the English Department but continues to teach in the MA program.

This photo brings back happy memories of better times.


Paulina & me, 2002


Meedy, Stacey, and me at the Little Egret restaurant, in 2006

1 comment:

  1. Wow..it's an honor to find my name written on Grass for my Feet!

    I had the time of my life as an M.Phil student in 2002!!!

    Meedy :)

    ReplyDelete